Subject: Access to the test_codec plugin from the "open with..." screen?

Access to the test_codec plugin from the "open with..." screen?

From: Davide <>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 17:39:46 -0400

Hello all,

Prior to the recent FS #5464 commit I would just add a line to
apps/plugins/SOURCES to include test_codec.c and run it on whatever file I
saw fit from the “open with…” screen. Now I can not get it to show up in the
"open with..." menu no matter what I do to apps/plugins/SOURCES,
apps/plugins/CATEGORIES and apps/plugins/viewers.config in either the sim or
a build. I’m sure it’s fairly simple but I am not a developer nor am I C
savvy. :-(

What do I need to do to get the test_codec plugin working from the "open
with..." screen for supported filetypes or even all filetypes?

Just FYI:

The line test_codec.c is in the correct place in the apps/plugins/SOURCES
file and the test_codec.rock exists in .rockbox\rocks\viewers\ and I'm
building with cygwin under win32.

I need this information to update the “CodecPerformanceComparison” page on
the wiki. (both instructions and results)

Thanks, Davide-NYC

Checked by AVG Free Edition.