Subject: Re: Rockbox development model

Re: Rockbox development model

From: pondlife <pondlife_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 07:45:43 +0100

Hi Jonas,

I agree with this in general, but would suggest a small modification.

>> 4-6. Everyone is encouraged to fix bugs in the rel-3.0 branch.

Maybe this should be in the trunk - i.e. bug fix week or freeze. That saves
us having to fix said bugs in both trunk and 3.0.

>> 7. ...After this (or possibly during 4-6), new features should get into
trunk...

If you do 4-6 as per your plan, then new features must be allowed into trunk
immediately (i.e. no freeze).
If you do 4-6 as I suggest above, then we only allow new features at 7.

--
pondlife