Subject: Re: Rockbox development model

Re: Rockbox development model

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 15:09:44 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 9 Aug 2007, Jonas Häggqvist wrote:

> Once a release is wanted (for a number of different reasons I'll mention
> later), the current trunk is branched and that new branch will become the
> next release.

I personally am not too eager to see a release but I can agree with a
branch-for-release approach as described.

I also think that if it is gonna succeed in a nice way, we need a "release
manager" (as in a single person) with a firm hand who can take care of the
branch and make sure that a release is coming out of it in the end.

  Daniel Stenberg -- --