Subject: Re: Licensing and Copyright Issues

Re: Licensing and Copyright Issues

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 13:51:20 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007, Tapio Kelloniemi wrote:

> IMHO it would be much more straight forward if all copyrights were assigned
> to a single organization (or possibly even a single trusted person).

I agree, but setting up and running such a formal organization would be a lot
of work. Therefore I'm of the opinion that we should try to find a suitable
organization that would be willing to "host" us under their wings, and it was
with that possible goal in mind I tried to contact the SFLC[*] since that's
basically what they do and exist for.

But they never replied, and I take that as a rather negative response if
anything, so we need to look further for another org. Any suggestions?

Such a formal org will also be good to have if we ever start trying to really
collect money for that univeral devcon we want to have...

[*] =

  Daniel Stenberg -- --