Subject: Re: Licensing and Copyright Issues

Re: Licensing and Copyright Issues

From: DervishD <>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 19:15:17 +0200

    Hi Daniel :)

 * Daniel Stenberg <> dixit:
> On Tue, 11 Sep 2007, Tapio Kelloniemi wrote:
> >IMHO it would be much more straight forward if all copyrights were
> >assigned to a single organization (or possibly even a single trusted
> >person).
> I agree, but setting up and running such a formal organization would be a
> lot of work. Therefore I'm of the opinion that we should try to find a
> suitable organization that would be willing to "host" us under their wings,

    I think that this is the best course of action. Setting up an
organization can be a PITA, and there are some organizations out there
that will do the work.

    May I suggest OSDL? OK, it is for Linux, but they may want to host
Rockbox as well :??? You have the FSF too, and given that the code is
GPL, they may want to help.

    I don't know about other organizations.

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

Linux Registered User 88736 |
We are waiting for 13 Feb 2009 23:31:30 +0000 ...