Subject: Re: Port of Mini-XML library to Rockbox: making progress.

Re: Port of Mini-XML library to Rockbox: making progress.

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 13:37:09 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007, Daniel Weck wrote:

> The cause is probably the underlying memory management logic (simulated
> dynamic memory allocation, currently borrowed from the Doom plugin). I am
> working on this and would be happy to get some help.

How much and complicated malloc do you need?

It might be time to drag in a complete malloc implementation to the pluginlib
so that all the plugins that want it could use it. It would probably make
sense compared to the current situation with a large amount of half-baked
implementations spread out all over...

I may be a bit biased here, but one alternative for use is dbestfit:

(I'm not proposing malloc for the kernel or core Rockbox, only for plugins
that in fact already do this but in a less "controlled" manner.)

  Daniel Stenberg -- --