Subject: Re: XML for language files

Re: XML for language files

From: Jonas Häggqvist <>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 04:06:41 +0200

Jonathan Gordon wrote:
> The xml you produced doesnt have any strings which are target dependandt..
> would you just have multiple <target> tags?

That's a coincidence I hadn't noticed. It's simply because I used
Wallisertitsch which doesn't seem to have any target dependent strings. I
intend to do it exactly like it is now: Multiple target lines, with the name
being a possibly comma-separated list of targets (this does make using a DOM
interface to find matching strings slightly harder compared to one target
tag per target, but for the sake of our translators, I think it's better).

> also whats the user attribute?

It's a not-yet implemented feature of langv2 and I believe it's related to
allowing translation and voice for plugins.

Jonas Häggqvist