Subject: Re: IRC channel

Re: IRC channel

From: Jens Arnold <arnold-j_at_t-online.de>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 08:08:35 +0200

On 20.09.2007, Austin Appel wrote:

> It seems that we have had a big surge in "annoyances" in
> #rockbox lately. To put it short, do people think the time has
> come where we need to move to the split model? #rockbox (for
> support), #rockbox-dev (for development), #rockbox-community

I never experienced that "talk over" as an annoyance, and I'd
rather like to keep the single channel model. It makes it easier
for a dev interact with users, e.g. calls for testers or working
on a fix remotely.

If the channels would be split, I would probably join only
#rockbox-dev normally, because I don't normally *need* the user
talk, even though it doesn't annoy me. And while user feedback
would be worse that way, I would still be annoyed by other
things in the dev channel which exist right now and are *not*
user related (e.g. talk about 3rd and 4th steps before even
doing the 1st).

Just my 0.02,

Jens