Subject: Re: XML for language files

Re: XML for language files

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 09:37:41 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007, Jonas Häggqvist wrote:

>> also whats the user attribute?
> It's a not-yet implemented feature of langv2 and I believe it's related to
> allowing translation and voice for plugins.

Yes, it is meant to allow the language or voice binary to have a speal "chunk"
for a particular "user", which can be core or a particular plugin etc. That
would then allow the lang system to load a section or a separate file for that
particular "user".

We haven't yet implemented any tools that care for the "user" part, nor can
anything in Rockbox load user-specific parts/files for voices or languages. It
is really how we should proceed to make plugins translatable and voicable, but
it just hasn't happened yet.

  Daniel Stenberg -- --