Subject: Re: IRC channel

Re: IRC channel

From: RaZorbacK <lists_at_sof-paradise.info>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 10:15:35 +0200

pondlife écrivait Le 20/09/2007 08:38 :
> I have not found the "user helping" aspect annoying, and it's sometimes
> useful to stimulate development ideas. If people are annoying, then a
> quick RTFM response is perfectly acceptable; if they continue to annoy, why
> not have a few more channel ops around and kick them for not following the
> protocols - i.e. a more strict police force.

personnally, i'm not a developper, just an user. I've subscribed to this
list, because i'm interested in building voice files and translating and
I wanted to learn more. Even tough the conversations on the irc channel
are often hard to understand for a "normal" user, many people have
really helped me to achieve my goal even if my questions were stupid
sometime. so, i don't think making other channels would be a good idea.
Everyone has to respect each other and as you said it's not so hard to
kick the bad guys out. Rockbox-community IMHO, is enough to have
support. Again, a great Thanks for the nice job you are doing.
cheers, Sof