Subject: Re: IRC channel

Re: IRC channel

From: Dave Chapman <dave_at_dchapman.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 09:40:35 +0100

I'm also strongly in favour of keeping a single channel - I'm not that
annoyed by off-topic chat (I can easily ignore it), and very much like
the fact that the Rockbox community is one where there is no strong
distinction between devs and users - every user is encouraged to help
themselves and contribute to the project, and thereby become a "dev".

I also think from a practical point of view, there will be too much
overlap between the two channels. And if conversations switch between
the two channels, it will be much harder to follow things in the logs.

Dave.