Subject: Re: [HELP] Button bouncing problem on iaudioX5

Re: [HELP] Button bouncing problem on iaudioX5

From: Nicolas GIF (Salokyn) <"Nicolas>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 02:37:37 +0300

David Bleakley a écrit :

>>>I began to write a patch for button-x5.c file to filter the button
>>>status (http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/6787) but things are not
>>>that easy.
>
> I am one of these people. I tried the patch and it did improve the
> stability.
>
> I tried to improve it with various filters, but came to the conclusion
> that I needed to see the raw data and then run various filters in excel
> to compare properly.
>
> I had the button-x5.c (attached) write the 1st 100 key presses after
> pressing select. I got some data out, but then I damaged my harddrive
> and am waiting to repair it.
> Cheers

I did write something very similar to this and in fact I think that this
button_read_device() function we're modifying is only executed when a
key is actually pushed. So the "RESET filter" part is never executed in
there.

The resetting should be done at a higher level. I think to somewhere in
/firmware/drivers/button.c. But I would like to know more on the
functions inside this file : button_tick(), button_read(). When is this
button_tick() function used ? How work these event_queue and
button_queue struct ?

I'm wondering if the button-x5.c file is the one to change !