Subject: Re: Voice patches

Re: Voice patches

From: RaZorbacK <lists_at_sof-paradise.info>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 09:03:48 +0200

Stéphane Doyon wrote on 27.09.2007 17:03 :
> I've heard very positive comments from several blind users about P6240:
> Improved voice feedback in bookmark selection
> And I think the playlist_catalog adaptation in P6323 is simple and
> useful.

Stephane already knows my opinion about this. I'm a blind user myself
and those features, (some of them at least), are really, really useful
for a blind user. You, devs have given us the opportunity to finally
have a talking player and it's very cool. Even if resources, playback
and visual aspect are really important for sighted people, the way the
informations are voiced are unvaluable for blind people. I'm not a
proggrammer but apparently those patches are not so hard to implement
and there's guys here who are willing to help in the voice domain! :-)

I'm not complaining, definetely not, but don't let this work unachieved
  please!

It's just my opinion and those patches may be known by other visually
people. Features like "improvement in bookmark selection" or "tracklock"
would be greatly apreciated !

Anyway, stephane, Daniel and all of the devs team, thank you for keeping
our boxes rocking ! :-) I've never loved my player as I do today. :)

regards, Sof