Subject: Re: Voice patches

Re: Voice patches

From: Daniel Dalton <>
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 17:36:37 +1000

On 6/10/2007 10:08 PM, Marianne Arnold wrote:
> I can't imagine what problem you see with voice on hwcodec, you just
> need to keep in mind that they only can decode one mp3 stream at a time.
> So you wouldn't be able to voice the WPS context menu for example but I
> would think that with the langV2 features you could take care of that
> quite easily. People will help you and answer a question if voicing a
> specific thing is feasable on hwcodec players or not when asked in IRC
> or in the mailing list.

So patches like FS#6323 would not be able to run on archos?

Also would we just need to say in our code
#if swcodec
Our code
What ever code for the hwcodec units.

Would that work?
Then of course modify english.lang so we don't have clips in the archos
voice file that aren't needed.
So can you do this in english.lang?
* swcodec :

Not exactly sure what the syntax is.