Subject: Re: Configurability; was: Re: Voice patches

Re: Configurability; was: Re: Voice patches

From: Daniel Dalton <daniel.dalton47_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 07:39:43 +1000

On 8/10/2007 2:44 AM, Tapio Kelloniemi wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 07, 2007 at 09:22:53PM +1000, Daniel Dalton wrote:
> > On 7/10/2007 8:31 PM, Tapio Kelloniemi wrote:
> > Well tell me this. You need a button to scroll up and down lists and to
> > select options. Then you need a button for play and stop. If you own
> > an ipod what button is left?
>
> You could configure actions such as MENU+PLAY or even, if dead keys were
> supported, first MENU, then MENU again to select an item, or first MENU,
> then PLAY to immediately poweroff the player without having to press PLAY
> for 4 seconds, or anything else.

I don't think we can do that on the players. They only support a short
press or a long press of a button.

> > Are you blind? If so what do you think of a quick menu for blind users?
>
> I'm blind. I think that it might be useful, but I wish that we had a generic
> and configurable system, so that it could be equally useful to sighted persons.

How would it be useful to sighted users? It would probably contain:
-A quick way to hear the time and battery level
-Spell the current file name
-volume
-create .talk clip (maybe)
-voice

So it is probably only useful to blind users.
What does everyone think?

-- Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/
daniel.dalton47_at_gmail.com