Subject: Re: quickscreen changes (was Voice patches)

Re: quickscreen changes (was Voice patches)

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 00:20:56 +1000

On 08/10/2007, Simon M. <simon.me_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > > 3) make it a fully customizable menu
>
> Jonathan, if I remember this correctly, you already coded something
> like this when you introduced the new menu system. So technically it
> is possible.
> <snip>

yeah, I vagualy remember actually coding this up, dont know where the
patch is though, but it wouldnt be hard to do again.

IIRC, the reason this idea was not liked was because:
1) before actions, on the archos the quickscreen was usable in a way
that the screen wasnt actually shown or something?
2) there arnt that many settings which it would make sense to add to
the screen so why bother adding it at all?
(i disagree outright with #2 and #1 doesnt work currently anyway so
why leave the screen flawed).

in all honesty though, I would be more than happy removing the screen
entirely, I find it totally useless.