Subject: Re: Boot/startup fails on ipod 30 GB on builds from 29:th and later

Re: Boot/startup fails on ipod 30 GB on builds from 29:th and later

From: Anders Clausen <clausen.j.anders_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 07:38:34 +0200

On 11/10/2007, Michael Sevakis <jethead71_at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> It's certainly possible - possibly even likely - that recent changes are
> responsible from the 29th on.

In my case it is revision 14879 that breaks it. I also tried revisions
14880 and 14881 since there were some compile errors and got the same
results. 14879 is the changes for dual core and startup and so on.

> I take it you mean the 30GB video?

Yes. I forgot the "video" part.

> Perhaps try a newer bootloader if one is available and full fresh install
> with settings reset.

I will try this.

> That kind of
> debugging is really hard without a device in hand and very difficult to
> patch test. Hmmm.

Hopefully the bootloader update will fix it. If not, I'd be happy to
try out any patches, but I can't promise a quick response, so maybe
this doesn't help very much.

/Anders