Subject: RE: problems on an ipod 80gb

RE: problems on an ipod 80gb

From: Daniel Brenden <>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 15:17:28 +0200

Have you tryed to rebuild you ipod with the latest original firmware and reinstall rockbox with the newest build?
Clean your ipod and try to update the original firmware + install rockbox over againMvh. Daniel G BrendenRockbox user for 8 months since jan

Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 17:13:20 +0100From: ian.hawdon_at_gmail.comTo: rockbox-dev_at_cool.haxx.seSubject: Re: problems on an ipod 80gbI have Build: r14560-070901It doesn't matter if I upgrade, problem has been here for some time. I use the iPL2 bootloader, don't know if that has anything to do with it?It only complains about the batter intermittently (grr, i hate intermittent problems!)

To better understand your problem we need to know your full build number and if you have a copy of the firmware that would be great help as well.Mvh. Daniel G BrendenRockbox user for 8 months since jan

From: jonas_hn_at_hotmail.comTo: rockbox-dev_at_cool.haxx.seSubject: RE: problems on an ipod 80gbDate: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 17:33:41 +0200
I've tried the exact same thing on my iPod video 30GB for about a month ago. When i charged it with the Apple iPod charger, it showed that it was full in the display, and when i unplugged it, it was empty. But when charging from my computer, it charged to 100%, and behaved normally. Now i've got another charger, and it works perfect again. Maybe you could try to charge your iPod with a friend's charger and see if the problem is still there? Jonashn

> Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 17:26:13 +0200> From:> To:> Subject: problems on an ipod 80gb> > hi> > while rockbox worked flawlessly on my ipod (80gb) for some time it> started to act strange 3 weeks ago or so (i was ill so i didn't follow > it till now)...> so is this a software or a hardware error:> the battery of the ipod seems to be empty (e.g it won't start and if i> connect it to normal ipod cable it will go into the "low battery charge > mode" or whatever it is called it will be struct there...> but if i connect via a charge only cable it tells me that the battery is> completly full...> > thanks for any suggestions > > (and yes i know it is probably OT here)> > yours> albert

Større og bedre end nogensinde Windows Live Hotmail, fremtidens Hotmail!

Opprett ditt Windows Live Space i dag og del bilder med dine venner Del bildene med vennene dine!-- Ian Hawdon (ian_hawdon) (SWAN's home page)
Windows Live Spaces er her! Det er enkelt å opprette et eget, personlig webområde.