Subject: RE: New on listing

RE: New on listing

From: Jonas Hellesøe Nielsen <jonas_hn_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 14:48:27 +0200

> On 10/24/07, Daniel Stenberg <daniel@rockbox.org> wrote:> > On Wed, 24 Oct 2007, Rafael Gomes Dantas wrote:> >> > > 1. There is any port to Satellitint m118 (Nexia NX5850 chipset)?> >> > Nope. But really, this chipset is not very fun to work with. I found a> > datasheet here => http://www.epform.com/Downloads/NX5850_datasheetV0.5.pdf> >> > It has MP3 and WMA decoders in hardware and it has a 8051-compatible 8bit cpu> > core. The decoder parts could probably be supported, but the 8051 is a major> > pain as you won't find a suitable gcc port for it (and the Rockbox internals> > are not written to suit a 8 bit CPU like a 8051).> >> > In my view, it'll bit a pain to port rockbox to it. Still possible, but a lot> > of work. And then the port won't be able to do a lot else than MP3 and WMA due> > to the very underpowered CPU...> > I'd would like to port rockbox to this "mp4" just because this is the> only one i have, and it is quite limited. The sound quality is very> good, but it's video format is very very lame... NXV video format is a> collection of RAW images with mp3-encoded sound...
That's a good reason, but you must know that porting will take minimum a year, and you have to be a skilled programmer to do so.> > A RMVB (20min/40mb) can easily turn into a 700mb monster...> > > > 2. Do you use any program to extract the original firmware for backup?> >> > We mostly write our own tools for the targets we work with. There's no general> > tool for this, it all depends on the hardware and how the particular player> > works.> >> > If you really want to do this, continue your venture here:> >> > http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/NewPort> >> i would like to backup the current firmware in case that i want to> back to the normal firmware "mp4"... After all, this is the only that> i have... =(
Windows Live - En verden af oplevelser
http://www.windowslive.dk/?cmp=textlink