Subject: Re: Iriver with 160GB drive

Re: Iriver with 160GB drive

From: David Rothenberger <>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 09:05:40 -0700

On 10/30/2007 8:30 AM, john wrote:
> The MK8007GAH is no longer produced. The currently available drive is
> the MK8009GAH and this is, as Linus said, currently not supported by
> rockbox on any other platform than the IPod 5, because of the 1kb
> block size.

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but can someone point me to some
documentation that says the MK8009GAH is limited to 1kb blocks?

I was looking at the specs at Toshiba's website
They say the drive supports 156,301,488 logical blocks. 80*10^9 divided
by that number yields about 512 bytes.

David Rothenberger  ----
Whom the gods would destroy, they first teach BASIC.