Subject: Re: Iriver with 160GB drive

Re: Iriver with 160GB drive

From: john <>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 17:53:40 +0100

* Peter D'Hoye ( [071030 17:04]:
> >The MK8007GAH is no longer produced. The currently available drive is
> >the MK8009GAH and this is, as Linus said, currently not supported by
> >rockbox on any other platform than the IPod 5, because of the 1kb
> >block size.

> no longer produced, but still available.

Yes, you can get them from time to time.

But it is definetly not a option for the masses, as the available
remaining stock is very limited. And I would not pay that 223
Euros. So, this is not even an option for me. I like it more to
develop an adapter, than going for the old drives. This also gives me
the opportunity for more than 80GB.

BTW: A MK8009GAH costs about 130 Euros or about $100 in the US with
more or less unlimited stock, prices falling.