Subject: customisable statusbar - how far do we want to take it?

customisable statusbar - how far do we want to take it?

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 00:07:02 +1100

hey all.
firstly, the reason I'm bringing this up is because the statusbar is
unusably small on the mr500...

I want to start work on making the statusbar customisable, but
basically whatever we do its going to be biggish red delta.
So my question is how far do we want to go?

Apart from doing nothing, the bar minimum we can get away with is
doing something similar to the list icons, where we just load a bmp
strip with all the icons, so the order stays the same but the size and
colours are changeable. I'm happy with that except, do we add the
numbers to the bmp strip or use the loaded font? (which would mean the
height would be either the font height of the individual icon height).

The other problem with that is forcing fixed dimension images for each
icon isn't very nice. (and how many do we allocate to volume and
battery?)

The other extreme is go with some sort of wps sort of thing where the
icons are set (and probably positioned) by the config.

The last option, of course, is to just compile in larger icons for the mr500...

what do you reckon?

Jonathan