Subject: Beeping notifications

Beeping notifications

From: Daniel Dalton <>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 16:40:27 +1100

Ok well as you all probably know the battery levels patch I did a bit of
work on was committed. However I removed the voicing of
"Charger inserted" and "charger removed" and moved it to another patch.
That patch requires another patch called "beeping notifications".

Anyway I wanted to ask if anyone liked the idea of having beeping feedback.
Instead of listening to a long message you could just hear a beep.
For example charger inserted/removed and maybe in the rename screen.
(Sdoyon's one) and there are probably 1 or 2 more places this would be
nice in.
Like beeping when hitting the top/bottom of a list.
Comments? Suggestions?

Daniel Dalton