Subject: Re: Beeping notifications

Re: Beeping notifications

From: pondlife <pondlife_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 07:19:35 -0000

Hi Daniel,

In general, I don't like beeping. It suffers from several technical issues
and doesn't always work reliably due to fades and other buffer clears.

Best IMHO to use the voice system where possible.

I'd happily have the charger inserted/removed as voiced messages.

I don't see that there's a need for noting the top or bottom of lists, but
that might be because I don't have a scrollwheel. With buttons, you can
happily wrap round, so as long as the selected item is voiced, it's easy to
tell where you are.

--
pondlife