Subject: Re: Strong Cryptography

Re: Strong Cryptography

From: Manuel Dejonghe <manuel_at_dejonghe.de>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 00:49:16 +0100

On Nov 21, 2007 12:26 AM, Joshua Simmons <mud_at_majidejima.com> wrote:
> And finally, at some point I read something about rockbox having a morse
> code input system, that might be useful to those people who know morse code

That might by the worst idea, since it can be very easy to eavesdrop
the clicking of buttons. I can prevent someone else watches my hand or
the screen, but it's hard to make the clicking silent enough.

Another problem that comes through my mind is that at least some of
the algorithms you listed may need division or floating point, which
may not be available on all platforms. I have myself once tried to
implement SSL (for a webserver) on a 16 MHz AVR, which I then figured
out could not work: Single steps of DES took more than seconds, since
every division had to be replaced by several multiplications etc.

~lImbus