Subject: Re: USB driver/framework

Re: USB driver/framework

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 11:52:58 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007, Rene Peinthor wrote:

> I am curios what happened to the work of the Google summer of code USB
> stack?

It has been stalling a bit when Christian has had other things to do.

In the mean time, Björn appeared and he's been working on his own
implementation of a USB stack (in a more KISS approach with a small simple
driver crafted for Rockbox needs), quite possibly ending up replacing the
existing one.

> Just found this patch FS#7962..

That's Zagor's work in progress. I hope we'll see that committed soon. It
doesn't work properly just yet, but if committed it'll be easier for more
people to work on it and help out where possible.

The other day FS#8189 popped up, which is a patch against the current code but
containing code we can't use due to license restrictions.