Subject: Re: tools for developement - debug, etc..

Re: tools for developement - debug, etc..

From: Simon M. <simon.me_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 19:42:56 +0100

On 11/21/07, RaeNye <raenye_at_netvision.net.il> wrote:
> > I would like to know what tools are experienced people using
> > for developing... like debug, quick transfer code do device, etc...
>
> Can't really call myself exprienced, but I have three advices for you.
>
> 1.
> I really recommend working with git or some other local source versioning
> system.
> This way you can maintain many patches (also patches that depend on other
> patches) and keep everything sync'ed to RB svn without much effort.

I second that. I don't do much rockbox coding, but having everything
in git is nice because you can try things out fast (create a new
branch), without downloading and copying complete svn checkouts
around.

If you like interactive debugging, you can use GDB with every
simulator build. I use Emacs for editing which has a nice interface
for GDB.