Subject: Search feature for text viewer

Search feature for text viewer

From: Jonathan Brandvein <workaphobia_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 00:47:38 -0500

Hello. A couple friends and I are looking for some features to
implement in rockbox, preferably the low-hanging fruit. We were
thinking of adding a search function to the text viewer, as described
here: http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/2145?pagenum=3 . If
possible, we'd also look into making the keyboard dialog input
non-synchronous so as-you-type searching would be possible, but I have
no idea how feasible that is right now. I was also thinking of adding
support for regular expressions. If there's nothing currently in the
API pertaining to regexes, would it be useful to write this as a
general library for use by plugins and other parts of rockbox, instead
of just using it for the viewer alone?

If someone's already working on any of this, let me know, otherwise
we'll go ahead and attempt to contribute.

Thanks,

Jon

(PS: I'm not used to mailing lists; if I screwed up some obscure
header and messed up everyone's threading, please tell me.)