Subject: Re: Strong Cryptography

Re: Strong Cryptography

From: Joshua Simmons <>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 10:30:18 -0500

> Well, if it has to suport a password manager, why not KeePass, as it's
> much better and advanced than passwordsafe (althrough based on
> passwordsafe). See

It certainly makes sense to be interoperable with /some/ other password safe
type program, I doubt I will be motivated enough to do them all however
(especially at first). To start with I'll probably end up going with one
that has adequate security for my tastes (all of them so far look okay on
first glance), and has the specification for their file format somewhere, or
easily readable in the code at the very least. I may or may not end up
"extending" whatever format I implement, to give more choices in cipher and
such, but I'll definitely include a compatibility mode at that point.