Subject: Integrating TI CG tools

Integrating TI CG tools

From: Catalin Patulea <cat_at_vv.carleton.ca>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 00:38:03 -0500

Hi everyone,

I have a first draft of some Makefile modifications that should allow
the m:robe port to build DSP images automatically using TI's Code
Generation Tools (see
http://daniel.haxx.se/blog/2007/11/18/free-to-use-compiler-from-ti/).
Patch attached.

There are at least two issues with it that I would appreciate feedback on:
- It's not platform-selective. Right now, it's in the dependency tree
for all platforms. I'm guessing all it would take to fix this is some
sort of ifdef on the dependency at firmware/Makefile line 27. What can
I test in the Makefile for the platform?
- Because I'm using recursive make, the dependencies aren't quite
right. There's a workaround in place at firmware/Makefile line 52 (the
source files are dependencies of the top-level rule). Without that
workaround, if I change, say registers.h and type "make" in the build
directory, Rockbox doesn't get rebuilt (because registers.h isn't in
the top-level dsp-image.h rule).

Any ideas?

-Cat