Subject: Re: The SanDisk Sansa Version Two

Re: The SanDisk Sansa Version Two

From: Rene Peinthor <peinthor_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 07:25:41 +0100

On Nov 29, 2007 10:43 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org> wrote:
> Hi friends,
>
> Just for those of you who don't keep up with the forum[1], my blog[2] or the
> sansa secion of my private web site[3], I thought I'd just post here to let
> you know that we recently identified that four of SanDisk's recent new players
> are made with the AS3525 from Austriamicrosystems (AMS) as their main SoC. AMS
> was very friendly and has already replied back to me with the data sheet for
> this thing[4].
>
> The players that use this chip (in a SanDisk branded version), are at least:
>
> * Sansa e200 v2
> * Sansa c200 v2
> * Sansa m200 (the newer m200 ones are not marked in any special way compared
> to older ones as far as we know, but completely different
> inside)
> * Sansa Clip
>
> So, there's a good foundation for a proper Rockbox port to these babies, even
> if there's not much real work done yet...
>
> URLs:
>
> [1] = http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php?topic=14064.0
> [2] = http://daniel.haxx.se/blog/2007/11/27/sansa-v2-and-view-roundup/
> [3] = http://daniel.haxx.se/sansa/v2.html
> [4] =
> http://daniel.haxx.se/blog/2007/11/29/ams-replied-with-the-as3525-data-sheet/
>
> --
> Daniel Stenberg -- http://www.rockbox.org/ -- http://daniel.haxx.se/

Great news Daniel!

I still didn't get a reply of my contact, maybe he is on holiday or on
a business trip, or something else.
But i still have a business card of a second contact at AMS which i
think is more technical involved with the chip production/usage.

If we have still have open questions which are regarded to the chip
and not answered by the data sheet i can try to contact the person.

Rene Peinthor