Subject: Re: downloaded patches but still getting errors

Re: downloaded patches but still getting errors

From: Daniel Dalton <>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 20:19:46 +1100 (EST)

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007, alex wallis wrote:
> Hi.
> Ok i've successfully downloaded a load of patches but whenever i try to apply
> any of them messages come up about hunks on all of them and they do not apply
> propperly.
> Is it something i'm doing or are the patches out of date?
> the list of numbers follows of ones i'm trying to apply.
> 6171
> 6323
> 6338

Because there are dependencies...

> 6733

Out of date I guess. I updated it once. But it wasn't really a useful
patch so didn't bother again.
Personally I think it should be closed since I doubt it would be excepted.
But that's just my opinion.

> 7647

No... That's wrong. I am pretty sure that one is now somewhere else...
I should probably close it. It was either committed or its in 7798 or I
don't know.

> 7704

I would imagine that would require re syncing.
Just grab my patch from there and re sync it. It will be heaps easier.

> 7705

Get 7704 working before you try my battery bench stuff. It won't work
otherwise does it fail?
I would be surprised if it does.
hrm, Yes it does on english.lang. But its fine.
You could probably re sync it yourself with out knowing c. Its very easy to

> 7833

Don't know. Dependency or out of date?

> Also it warns that i will be rversing an already applied patch, does this
> mean that there is a better solution than the one this patch provides?

Why would that be?
No. Usually it means:
-You already applied it.
-Its been accepted and is now in the source of rockbox

Was the task closed?

> the last patch I couldn't apply was 7912. Apart from the vorbis patch the

What's 7912? Oh I'll look for myself.

Daniel Dalton