Subject: disk mode sansa e200 v2

disk mode sansa e200 v2

From: Daniel Dalton <>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 20:37:23 +1100 (EST)

I am looking at porting the sansa e200 (v2) to rockbox.
I am trying to find its recovery mode so if I do something bad then I can
So does anyone know what key activates recovery mode? I browse the net for
a few hourse and didn't find much.

A guy in the rockbox forums says its
-Hold on
-Make sure the unit is off
-hold menu
-Insert the usb cable and keep menu held down until it says something
about a 16 mb partition.

Well that doesn't seem to work for me.
If someone else wants to test feel free to. Let me know how it goes.
I think its holding rec for the v1. But not sure what button is rec on my
unit. (I am visually impaired)

So if no one knows should I email sansa?
If they ask me why I need to know how to get into disk mode what do I tell
them? As soon as I bring up rockbox won't they say no?

Thanks for any help.

Daniel Dalton