Subject: question about line numbers in patches

question about line numbers in patches

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 20:18:29 -0000

Hi list.
I've been looking at a few rb patches and was just wondering something about
the line numbers.
I've been reading about patches on google so i no that the _at__at_ sign shows
where a patch should begin with in the file being patched. I was wondering
though when I was looking at a few rb patches I'm guessing the big number
shows the line that the patch is supposed to begin on. for example i'm
guessing that in a patch i've been looking at 7329 means that line in a
file. However I was wondering two things, in the particular patch i'm
looking at and in all patches i've scene after the big line number there is
a , then another number. I was wondering what does the smaller number after
the , mean?
Also why is there a a - and a + sign used before the numbers. For example
_at__at_ -41,6 +41,8.
thanks for your help.
Alex.