Subject: Release ideas.

Release ideas.

From: Paul Louden <>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 18:16:12 -0600

So, it's a new year, and so out come the whips. Without setting any
specific deadline or anything, I'd like to try to gather ideas on what
people feel is necessary for a release.

So I've started this wiki page:

Right now, I'm just looking for a loose outline of what people feel must
be done, and what must be avoided.

One point that bears discussion is that evidence pretty much shows that
users may have a lower standard for what a release must be than we do.
It's very likely that we could get away with simply creating a clear
documentation of existing bugs, bundle it in a .zip, and call it 3.0.
While I'm not advocating this, what it does mean is that we probably
need to be more flexible on what bugs we'll let a release get the door
out with.