Subject: Re: patch 6338 on the patch tracker

Re: patch 6338 on the patch tracker

From: Stéphane Doyon <s.doyon_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 00:00:34 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008, alex wallis wrote:

> Hi list.
> I was wondering could patch 6338 by Stephane Doyon please be committed to the
> rb code?
> as I think this could be a useful patch but its slightly out of date and i
> think it could be a very useful patch. There are several other patches by him
> in the tracker as well I think.

Hi. Yes I have several pending patches. I was ready to commit my bookmark
and playlist viewer patches, and required bits of infrastructure for that.
But I'm in the process of switching jobs and that and other things have
unfortunately kept me from Rockbox for the last few weeks.

As to #6338: playing time: I'd be curious to have comments on this. I
definitely find it very useful, in particular when reading audio books.
Having to open up each file every time is a bit clumsy though. Caching
that info somehow in the playlist code would be cool, but it seems like a
big undertaking. This might be a good candidate for a plugin, but of
course that would make it pretty useless for us blind users, until we
make the plugins talk. Should I commit it as is?

--
Stéphane Doyon
<s.doyon_at_videotron.ca>