Subject: Re: AW: Contributing 'Sansa Base Station' code for the Rockbox E200 port

Re: AW: Contributing 'Sansa Base Station' code for the Rockbox E200 port

From: Jonas Häggqvist <rasher_at_rasher.dk>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 12:04:13 +0100

Hans-Dieter Stich wrote:
> Hi pondlife,
>
> until now I don't have a single line of code, I'm just browsing through all informations about Rockbox and especially through the informations about the Sansa E200 port!
>
> Is there any technical information available about the Sansa Base Station? Does someone know, where and in which format the commands from the IR remote control are transmitted to the player?

This is purely speculation, but it may be similar to the Ipod Accessory
protocol (in the event that it's an interface provided by the PP sdk),
which is fairly well documented:
http://www.ipodlinux.org/Apple_Accessory_Protocol
http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e0026607/aap/ipod_aap.html

That's just the protocol of course. I believe the ipods use a serial
interface for them. Or I could be completely wrong on all accounts.

--
Jonas Häggqvist
rasher(at)rasher(dot)dk