Subject: Re: Contributing 'Sansa Base Station' code for the Rockbox E200port

Re: Contributing 'Sansa Base Station' code for the Rockbox E200port

From: Jonas Häggqvist <rasher_at_rasher.dk>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 10:52:39 +0100

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jan 2008, Hans-Dieter Stich wrote:
>
>> @Daniel: Is it possible to connect the person from SanDisk USA again,
>> to get some informations about the connector of the Sansa Base Station
>> (SDAMX) and the protocols which are used?
>
> Technically that is possible, but that won't help one bit since my
> contact doesn't provide any docs or answer to any questions about any hw
> details at all. (And in fact he hasn't even replied to my last few
> mails...)

Wouldn't this be the kind of thing that Sandisk could actually tell
something about, in the event that it was their own protocol at least? The
hardware stuff would still be secret, but it'd save some time and boring
work if they could give out details on the protocol.

--
Jonas Häggqvist
rasher(at)rasher(dot)dk