Subject: Re: XML settings file from settings_list.c

Re: XML settings file from settings_list.c

From: Magnus Holmgren <lear_at_algonet.se>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 20:24:57 +0100

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

>> I see one big advantage: we could provide a nice interface and let
>> users select one of a bunch of "standard usecase" presets. Like "I
>> want it similar to Itunes / AppleOS" or "I don't want eyecandy" or
>> such things. And Rockbox Utility is the "housekeeping tool for
>> Rockbox", isn't it? ;-)
>
> Personally, I find these reasons very weak. To me, Rbutil is about "do
> what you must and then get out of my face".

A limited settings editing capability in RbUtil could be useful though,
for things like "reset colors/backgrounds to something visible" and similar.

Yes, resetting the settings during boot does the trick too, but the user
wouldn't need to dig out the manual to find the magic key combination
(or even know it exists) and it wouldn't reset all settings.

   Magnus