Subject: Re: XML settings file from settings_list.c

Re: XML settings file from settings_list.c

From: pondlife <pondlife_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 07:15:43 -0000

> Lets just pretend that we have agreed this is something which would be
> nice in rbutil... how shoudl the xml look?

I can't even pretend that this would be nice in rbutil ;p

If we're going to build this into rbutil then I'd prefer the idea of running
the sim, or the "Rockbox as an app" port.

The only reason I can see for XML (or non-code based) settings would be if
it somehow increased the size of the audio buffer and didn't require a
spinup to change settings. I'm not sure if that's possible, however.

Or are you trying to get a configurable menu in...? ;p ;p

pondlife