Subject: Re: running a build server

Re: running a build server

From: Jonas Häggqvist <rasher_at_rasher.dk>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 19:03:32 +0100

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Feb 2008, alex wallis wrote:
>
>> I have a few questions about running a build server. Firstly i'm
>> running win xp, so does that put me out of the picture straight away
>> for being able to run a build server?
>
> Yes, unless you run a VM with a linux for the build server on the same
> machine.

Of which one is available at
http://rasher.dk/rockbox/Rockbox%20buildserver%201.0.7z (~70MB download)

Running that with VMWare should set up a buildserver ready to join the
farm. Setup will take a while (took me 2 hours on a aging XP2600 machine -
faster on modern hardware of course).

--
Jonas Häggqvist
rasher(at)rasher(dot)dk