Subject: problem with starting virtual machine to run build server

problem with starting virtual machine to run build server

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 11:11:03 -0000

Hi.
Ok i figured out how to set the virtual machine up. I have also mounted the
vmdk file no problem.
However when I try to power up the machine I get the following error
Cannot open the disk 'c:\virtual machines\other linux 2.6.x kernel\Other
Linux 2.6.x kernel.vmdk' or one of the snapshot disks it depends on.
Reason: Failed to lock the file.
I am a complete newbie to this kind of thing, and so the various forums on
the net have been less than enlightening.
So if anyone has any thoughts would be good to no.
Thanks for any help.
Alex.