Subject: installing unicode support for latex

installing unicode support for latex

From: alex wallis <>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 21:48:35 -0000

Ok i'm trying to build the rockbox manual with cygwin.
I've done lots of looking around on google, and on the rockbox site, and
i've worked out i need to install unicode support for latex, as I installed
the latex package when i installed cygwin, but I gather unicode support is
not included when that is done.
I've looked at the manual howto, and i downloaded the package that claims to
add unicode support,
but I looked at the install instructions that it calls helpful and frankly I
found them indigestible being a newbie. I mean just to give you an example.
"To install this LaTeX UTF-8 support, simply put the files ucs.sty,
utf8x.def, ucsencs.def and data/* somewhere in your TeX-path." plenty more
where that came from lol.
These instructions seem to be aimed at a linux user, and speaking for myself
I have no idea where to even physically put the files, let alone how to edit
this path where ever it is to include them.
If someone could please give me some very simple instructions i'd be
Thanks for your help.