Subject: Re: problem compiling latest svn code

Re: problem compiling latest svn code

From: alex wallis <>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 12:32:36 -0000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Magnus Holmgren" <>
To: "Rockbox development" <>
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2008 12:09 PM

> alex wallis wrote:
>>> ls -l apps/lang/* | awk '{print $5}' | sort -n | tail -1
>>> It generates the number at the end, and it sounds like the result is
>>> something else.
> >
>> I put in the above command as you suggested, and the output i got was
>> none.
>> Literally just the word none.
> Seems like the ls output is different from expected for some reason. If
> you type something like this:
> ls -l apps/lang/s*
> what is the output of that? It should create a list like this:
> -rw-r--r-- 1 Name None 3127 Feb 24 10:14 apps/lang/slovenscina.lng
> -rw-r--r-- 1 Name None 9349 Feb 24 10:14 apps/lang/svenska.lng
the output i got from entering that command is as follows
-rw-r--r-- 1 alex wallis None 54724 Feb 24 11:23 apps/lang/slovenscina.lang
-rw-r--r-- 1 alex wallis None 183896 Feb 24 11:23 apps/lang/svenska.lang
> but in your case, there seem to be an extra space column before the size.
> Maybe your user name ("Name" in the above) contains a space? Don't know if
> that's possible though... If it is, this should work as expected:
My user name does have a space in it and so far as i no i can't change that
in cygwin, so I have a work around for dealing with that.
I simply get cygwin to put my rb code into the folder that is just called
home in its usual rockbox folder.
I don't no why this would have started being a problem now though as up til
now I have had no problems.