Subject: RE: LANG_ALARM errors with latest svn

RE: LANG_ALARM errors with latest svn

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 12:39:52 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008, Jonas Hellesøe Nielsen wrote:

> The reposotory was "downloaded" using svn (in a new, clean folder) about 5
> minutes before my mail to this list. The version is 4.0.3 And by the way, i
> don't have a space in the the path to the cygwin dir if that might be a
> problem (c:\cygwin).

The problem with spaces is if you have a space in the path name to the source
code or to the build directory in which you build Rockbox.

Now do this:

  $ cd [source code root]
  $ svn update
  $ cd [builddir]
  $ ../tools/configure
  $ make clean
  $ make V=1

And show us the output from that last command. You can redirect it to a file
by invoking it like this:

  $ make V=1 >dump 2>&1

If the dump turns very big, try to trim off parts that just repeat the same

  Daniel Stenberg -- --