Subject: Re: request to have a few patches committed

Re: request to have a few patches committed

From: Dave Chapman <dave_at_dchapman.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 18:23:04 +0000

David Hall wrote:
> Regardless of the outcome of these three patches, it is inappropriate to
> ask for patch syncs in the Flyspray comments.

I disagree with that. IMO requests for resyncing (or statements that
the patch is out of sync) serve two useful purposes:

1) They tell the patch author (who may not be paying close attention to
the patch) that the code needs resyncing;

2) They tell inexperienced users who may want to try the patch that it
won't work.

Dave.