Subject: Some random gsoc2008 thoughts

Some random gsoc2008 thoughts

From: Dominik Wenger <domonoky_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 19:11:16 +0100

> We should insist on getting weekly, public, reports on what happens. We should
> push the students somewhat harder this year to be more public from the start
> since there's rarely much reason to keep things private between the mentor and
> student only (of course some stuff will and should still be private). The
> sooner the work and code gets seen, reviewed and commented by the larger
> community the better. Of course weekly reports would also be used to track the
> progress and to allow everyone else to see how they can assist, should help be
> needed.

I think for this Weekly, public reports a Forum section would be nice.
As this concentrates all reports from our Students, is nicely accessible
and allows to easily trace the development of the students.

Of course this should be accompanied with chat on IRC and questions on
the ml.

greets,
Dominik Wenger