Subject: Re: Some random gsoc2008 thoughts

Re: Some random gsoc2008 thoughts

From: Simon M. <simon.me_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 07:10:12 +0100

2008/3/19, Dominik Wenger <domonoky_at_googlemail.com>:
> I think for this Weekly, public reports a Forum section would be nice.
> As this concentrates all reports from our Students, is nicely accessible
> and allows to easily trace the development of the students.
>
> Of course this should be accompanied with chat on IRC and questions on
> the ml.

I have the feeling that a forum section might be a little bit too public

My Idea about this reports:
- the students write their own blog, where they post short summaries
once in a while (maybe twice a week).
- the students keep their source in a git repository. This doesn't
mean that they have to make every change to the code public, Git can
be used with private branches that the student can push to a public
repo in regular (or irregular) intervals.

Maybe demanding these things would be bit too much but I think
something like this a good way to track progress. It allows other
people to help easily, too.