Subject: Re: building bootloader from source (h300)

Re: building bootloader from source (h300)

From: XavierGr <>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 05:03:12 +0300

On 06/04/2008, Daniel Dalton <> wrote:
> Then what is the output file called?
> And then do I just need to patch this file into an iriver firmware?
> Is it safe currently to build the bootloader from the latest svn?

It is more complex than that, read carefully this wiki page:

Be warned though, an omission or a little mistake can render your player
Also, if the svn has a bug in the bootloader, it can make your target
unbootable even if it's not your fault. That's why Rockbox "releases"
bootloader. Developers want to make sure that a specific and tested
bootloader will be issued to all users. So be extra careful before
attempting anything.