Subject: Re: building bootloader from source (h300)

Re: building bootloader from source (h300)

From: Daniel Dalton <d.dalton_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 08:22:47 +1000 (EST)

On Sun, 6 Apr 2008, Matthias Mohr wrote:

> Hi Linus,
>
>> The thing is that the current SVN bootloader still has issues with some
>> hard drives, and I don't want to release a bootloader that doesn't work.
> And the released bootloader don't have this issues?
> - If they also have the issues, the SVN bootloader should still be better
> than the old release - so making a new release would not solve all issues,
> but
> it would still be nice to have solved some of the problems in the released
> bootloader.

What issues are there currently?

> - If they don't have the issues - an analysis of the differences could
> possibly show where the problem is.

I thought the same, couldn't we just do an svn diff from the broken rev to
the good and working rev?

>> Unfortunately, none of my players experience this problem, so I am
>> depending on others to resolve this issue.
> If the risk of bricking my device isn't big (or if it's possible for me to
> reanimate
> a bricked H300) I would try to put a current SVN version of the bootloader on
> my device...

I'm not doing it for that reason, I believe you need certain equipment to
do this and I would imagine it would be a complicated process.
Being totally blind myself, if it requires me to open the player and be
looking for different connectors on the mother board I think I would have
some trouble...

--
Daniel Dalton
http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/